New social media Periscope: the closest thing to teleportation.
Enter Periscope. Launched in March 2015, Periscope founders claim they wanted to build the closest thing to teleportation. This new media platform, backed by Twitter, is a live video streaming that offers a superior way to connect. Using Periscope, individuals or businesses can connect globally with others in an authentic, uncensored manner.
For businesses, Perisocope offers a range of opportunities to genuinely connect with their audience including:
- Face-to-face conversations
- Behind the scenes tour of your office / work space
- Mentoring / educational sessions
- Question and answer sessions
- Product reveals / famils
How to use Periscope:
- Download the app to either your Android or iOS device
- Log in with your Twitter username or phone number
- Adjust your settings
- Set your notifications
- Look for people to follow
- Prepare to broadcast your own videos live
With over 10 million users already Periscope has revolutionised the way the world shares video content and despite not celebrating it’s first birthday, Periscope is tipped to be the next biggest thing. And the growing demand from consumers to have transparency from brands increases, Periscope proves to delivers by creating opportunity for honest and authentic communication.
There are endless possibilities for creative and meaningful ways to connect on this new social media platform and it’s inevitable Periscope will become a household name and part of many social media marketing mixes before long.