The Right Social Media For Your Business
Deciding which social media platform or combination of platforms is best for your business can be overwhelming. We’ve designed three simple steps to help you decide what will work best for your business.
Step 1: Identify your audience
- Who is your average customer?
- How old are they?
- Are they male or female?
- What is their income/education level?
- What are their interests outside of your products/services?
Use the answers to build a personality profile for your audience.
Step 2: Define your goals
Your primary goal is to drive sales by attracting a larger customer base, but there are other social media goals that could help drive your business. Businesses use social media to drive brand awareness and develop personal relationships with potential customers; others use it for the purpose of customer support and interfacing. Determine how social media can help your business and outline set goals. Also work set objectives for how many followers / likes so you have a measurement for success.
Step 3: Find your audience
With your audience and goals set, you now must determine which platform your audience uses most. You’ll also need to identify how active your audience is on that platform.
We’ve outlined some of the key platforms to help you find the most suitable match for your audience.
Facebook has over 1.44 billion active users per month so its size alone is a positive for any business. It provides large reach and the option to grow organically (non-paid likes) or through their paid advertising service – Facebook Advertising.
- Strengthens brand awareness and business image
- Ability to reach a specific audience through Facebook’s advanced targeting features (age, gender, location and interests)
- Track how many people are engaging with your posts and advertisements
- Build relationships and long-term commitment
All businesses can benefit from this platform. Businesses can utilise Facebook’s advanced targeting settings with a small budget while enjoying a greater amount of exposure and relationship building through creating brand awareness.
LinkedIn is a great tool for brand awareness and making relevant business connections.. Used by 350 million businesses worldwide, it’s the primary networking tool in Australia.
- Businesses can see tangible and measurable results
- Capacity to engage and discuss with your target audience by creating appealing content
- Increased traffic directed to your website
- LinkedIn groups are an ideal place to network and share content
This platform is ideal for business-to-business marketing (B2B) and for businesses with a direct response marketing focus. Service providers are more prevalent than manufacturers or retailers as it’s not a very visual medium.
Instagram is one of the fastest growing platforms especially for younger generations. With over 200 million users a month, it’s a legitimate avenue for connecting with your target market.
- Good medium for visual based businesses such as art, food, retail and beauty
- Growing platform – less noise than larger platforms such as Facebook, your reach is wider and more impactful
- Great platform to pair with other social platforms – provides visual impact compared to more text based information on other platforms
This platform is suited to businesses interested in lead generation as well as businesses associated with younger audiences.
If you’d like to chat about developing a social media strategy, let us know at email@example.com